The Johnstown Area Heritage Association offers Johnstown's most distinctive rental spaces -- the Heritage Discovery Center and the Johnstown Flood Museum. Our flexible staff will help you design the perfect event, and make sure it happens flawlessly.
|Click here for a downloadable brochure about facility rentals in PDF format. A gallery of photos of facility rentals may be viewed here. || |
The Johnstown Area Heritage Association offers a range of beautiful spaces that provide a perfect location for almost any special event. For more information on all we have to offer, contact Kim Baxter, visitor services director, via e-mail or at 814-539-1889, ext. 312. We would be happy for you to come by and tour our available spaces, and view a portfolio of past events.
|Peoples Natural Gas Park |
This indoor-outdoor venue is available for rental for public and private events. Click here for details on the park's amenities, and how to rent it.
|Heritage Discovery Center|
The Heritage Discovery Center offers several spaces for events - the Second Floor Galleries, the James V. Saly Courtyard, Galliker's Cafe, and the Education Center. Here are the specifications of each:
Second Floor Galleries
- Three connected meeting or reception rooms
- Seating for 10 to 175 at tables for dining; seating for more than 250 in an audience-style format
- Can be arranged to your specifications to include a dance area, dinner seating, bar(s) and more
- Beautiful exposed brick walls and museum exhibits, creating a unique atmosphere
- Viewing of the first-floor permanent exhibit, "America: Through Immigrant Eyes," available for a discounted rate
The James V. Saly Courtyard
Outdoor venue with performance stage
Seats 150 for dining or 300 for meetings and performances
If inclement weather is expected, event can be moved indoors with 2-3 days' notice
Space measures 60' X 64'
The Education Center
As part of the 2007 renovations to the Heritage Discovery Center, two new rooms are now available. These connected, private rooms do not feature museum exhibits and are appropriate for presentations, business meetings and similar gatherings.
- Room 1 measures 20' X 50', and features seating for about 90
- Room 2 measures 20' X 26', and features seating for 45
- Internet access, projector screens, lecterns and other items available
- Tables and chairs can be set to your specifications
The Ethnic Social Club
New in 2008! This authentic social club is located on the fourth floor of the Heritage Discovery Center, and features fixtures from ethnic social clubs in Johnstown that have closed. This intimate space can host up to 75 people comfortably, or smaller groups also. Perfect for adult birthday parties, smaller receptions, social hours or any other type of get-together! As with all of our rental spaces, JAHA will work with you to provide bartending services. Catering services also available. Visit the Ethnic Social Club page on the Heritage Discovery Center portion of jaha.org for more on the history of this unique space.
Another new space at the Heritage Discovery Center! Galliker's Cafe features an authentic ice-cream bar, kitchen facilities, indoor seating, patio seating and more. Call for details on availability of this new facility.
Birthday parties at the Johnstown Children's Museum
The Johnstown Children's Museum, which is located on the third floor of the Heritage Discovery Center, offers a variety of birthday party packages that include use of a decorated, private party room, children's museum admission and more. For more information, including pricing, please visit the birthday party package information page on the Johnstown Children's Museum website.
The Heritage Discovery Center is a wonderful location for your wedding ceremony and/or reception! Ceremonies and receptions can be held outside in the James V. Saly Courtyard or inside the building.
Our facilities are also a great place to hold a wedding shower, rehearsal dinner or other wedding-related event. Our rooftop gardens are not suitable for a ceremony, but they are a beautiful location for photographs (as shown).
We can help you design a perfect wedding day, whether we host the ceremony, reception or both. Best of all, our visitor services director will handle all the details for you, including the setup, catering, bar services and more, so planning is stress-free -- and so you can relax and enjoy your special day.
Johnstown Flood Museum
The Johnstown Flood Museum's theater is available for rentals. Here are its specifications:
|The Movie Theatre|
- Interior completely renovated in 2009-2010, including new seat upholstery and carpet
- Seats 77 people
- Professional DVD projection and sound system, including 15' X 8' screen "
- Viewing of the flood museum displays and Academy Award-winning documentary available at a discounted rate
Food and drink
From casual dining to a formal banquet, we can help you arrange a delicious event. JAHA's exclusive caterer is the Holiday Inn, and they will work with you to put together the perfect menu for any event of 20 people or more. Professional, uniformed wait staff is included.
- Hors d'oeuvres
- Dessert and coffee
- Full and continental breakfasts and brunches
- Buffet dining
- Formal, sit-down dinner banquets
- Table linens in a variety of colors and styles
- Ice sculptures and centerpieces
- Flowers and other table decorations available
In accordance with the Pennsylvania State Liquor Board, any alcohol served must be purchased through JAHA - but rest assured that we can serve your favorites! We provide bartending services as well, with one bartender per 50 guests.
- Beer on tap
- Mixed drinks
- Cash bar services available
|Additional items available |
JAHA will provide the chairs and tables for your event, arranged in the specifications you request, for just a small set-up fee. Available items include:
- 25 five-foot round tables (each seats 8) with black tablecloths (small dry-cleaning fee applies)
- 30 six- to eight-foot long tables
- 200 white, wooden chairs
- 700 plastic chairs
- PA system and podium
- TV with DVD player
- Projector and screen
Any other rental items you require may be rented and transferred to a JAHA facility with advance notice.