Festive events on our calendar: Last Fridays, An Immigrant Christmas, Santa Saturdays, Ballerina Day, Jolly Trolley!
The holidays are almost upon us, and JAHA is delighted to offer educational and entertaining events for all ages. Check out our events feed for full details, but mark your calendar for:
- Next-to-Last Friday at the Ethnic Social Club, 5:30 pm on Nov. 17: Holiday favorites with acoustic guitarist George Byich.
- An Immigrant Christmas at the Wagner-Ritter House, various days/times in December: Explore the Christmas traditions of several of Johnstown’s immigrant groups. The program will be offered on Dec. 7 and 14 at 6:30 pm, as well as Dec. 2 and 9 (two programs each day, at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm).
- Santa Saturdays at the Johnstown Children’s Museum: Visit with Santa and enjoy a craft at the museum, Dec. 2, 9, 16!
- Ballerina for a Day, Dec. 10: Our first Ballerina Day sold out, so we’re pleased to offer another in cooperation with Bibbidy Bobbity Ballerinas!
- The Jolly Trolley, Dec. 17: Join us as we search for Santa on a holiday-themed trip through downtown, finishing at the Heritage Discovery Center with a visit from the jolly old elf himself.
- Last Friday at the Ethnic Social Club, 5:30 pm on Dec. 29: Enjoy acoustic holiday music from Johnstown’s beguiling indie duo The Evergreens.