Johnstown Children’s Museum is now open Wednesday-Sunday!
Opening the museum safely
Here at JAHA we are committed to providing our visitors with a clean, safe, fun environment; this is especially important in our children’s museum, which is a high touch zone. Before your visit, check out this list of what we’re doing to keep you safe and how you can help!
Plan your trip:
Wednesday-Saturday: 10:00 am-1:00 pm, 2:00-5:00
- The Children’s Museum will be CLOSED from 1:00-2:00 for a deep clean
Sunday: 12:00-2:00 pm, 3:00-5:00 pm
- The Children’s Museum will be CLOSED from 2:00-3:00 for a deep clean
How we’re keeping you safe:
- The Coal Mine and Slide will REOPEN!
- We are installing an air purifier in the center of the coal mine to remove aerosolized droplets.
- The coal in the coal cart will temporarily be replaced with a crash mat for easy cleaning
- There will be a hand sanitizer at the entrance of the coal mine. Please encourage your children to sanitize their hands before entering.
- We are creating a one family at a time system for the coal mine and slide using chit pieces
- We will be conducting spot cleaning throughout your play session with a deep clean in the middle of the day and after close.
- We are monitoring the health of our staff; all staff will be wearing masks in the museum.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the museum
- There will be a limited number of high touch exhibit manipulatives (blocks, play food, etc.), but we are expanding the number of items available!
- Look out for Morley! In our museum we have posted Morley Moments to let you know what precautions we are taking in different exhibit spaces.
How you can help keep our visitors and staff safe:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- All visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear masks.
- Please comply with all posted signs and staff recommendations.
- While you do not have to socially distance within your family, we are kindly asking that you remain a safe distance from other families.
- Food may not be consumed in the museum. You may eat a lunch or snack in the courtyard.
- Our water fountains are closed. You may bring your own water bottle or purchase one in our gift shop.
- Even though our dress-up clothes have been removed for now, our fashion show is still open! Visitors are encouraged to bring their own dress up clothes to model!
- Be patient with yourself, other visitors, and our staff as we adapt to these new norms – we’re all learning together!