All JAHA programs and events need volunteers.
The Johnstown Area Heritage Association is looking for talented individuals to help us present our programs, special events, and host visitors at our museums. Listed below are some of the different ways you can volunteer with JAHA.
Become an Intern
Internships are available in several different areas! If you’re interested in interning, contact Amy Regan at (814) 539-1889 x314.
- Archival museum collections and processing
- History education
- Exhibitions planning
- Digital projects
- Development and public relations
Become a Museum Docent (tour guide)
- Educate guests in our regional history by guiding them through our facilities with individual lessons and stories
- Use your own creative skills to develop informative and captivating presentations
- Facilitate visitor interaction with the exhibits
Create/facilitate educational programming:
- Assist with fieldtrips by providing educational lessons for groups
- Help staff with school fieldtrips
Work behind the scenes at JAHA
- Assist museum staff in administrative projects
- Help our staff in the archives and special collections
Help us with many of our museum events
- Our museum offers a wide variety of special events which include: children’s programs, birthdays, holiday themed activities, concerts, film presentations, and others
- We need your help in planning, staffing and facilitating these programs and events
Incentives for Volunteering
- Free museum passes for every 20 hours of volunteer work
- Discounts in our gift shop
- Special appreciation breakfasts or luncheons
- Opportunity to meet people and develop new friendships
- Gain new leadership skills
- Develop effective communication/people skills
Volunteering with JAHA will not only provide you with a creative outlet to showcase your talents, but will also give the opportunity for you to teach others about the importance of local heritage. Interested? Drop a note of inquiry into our info box.