Enjoy authentic Slavic food, beer, and wine at the festival!
The Johnstown Slavic Festival welcomes these food vendors! Please note that food sales begin when the festival opens (no food sales earlier). Authentic Slavic food will be sold, beginning at 4:00 pm on Friday, and noon on Saturday:’
- Babcia’s Lunchbox
- Darlington Inn
- Fredo’s Deli
- Gosia’s Pierogies
- Klosky’s Cuisine
- Life’s A Treat
- Old World Catering
- St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church
- Steel City Chimney Cakes
- William Penn Association
We are pleased to note that we have been able to license the area around the mainstage, so festival patrons may enjoy their alcoholic beverages while watching the mainstage entertainment.
Beers representing different Slavic countries will be available. They are:
- Karlovacko (Croatia)
- Baltika (Russia)
- Primator (Czech Republic)
- Zywiec (Poland)
- Czechvar (Czech Republic)
- Ozujsko (Croatia)
- Pilsner Urquell (Czech Republic)
- Lomza (Poland)
- Plus this year, Johnstown’s own Stone Bridge Brewing Company will have their own Slavic-inspired brew for sale!
Wines and spirits include:
- Avia: red wine (Slovenia)
- Avis: white wine (Slovenia)
Craft and Information Vendors
- Oles Cherin, d.b.a. Cataract Press – Ukranian vendor who sells Croatian, Czech, Belarusyn, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Rusyn, Polish, and Ukranian t-shirts, flags, auto magnets, mugs, mousepads, jewelry and embroidery.
- Jen Sukenik – Nebula Formations – Handmade Czech glass, bead and crystal jewelry
- Joe Eckenrod and Barb Lusczek – Homemade Slovak cookies and baked goods
- Rochus Lodge 5 – Croatian Hall – Fraternal organization sharing cultural and educational information
- Allie Marguccio – educational display of Slovenian lace, specifically Idrija Lace. Allie is a world-class teacher and master lace maker.
- Dolly Yonkosky – homemade aprons, towels, baby blankets and sewn items of Slavic designs
- William Penn Association – Fraternal organization sharing cultural and educational information
- Johnstown Area Genealogical & Historical Society, Inc. Members will offer information on genealogical research.
- Karen Mesaros – Slovak pottery painting display, Slovak handpainted Christmas ornaments
- Allison Brougher – Euro Haus – Eastern European gifts – jewelry, religious items, towels, Christmas ornaments, nesting dolls (matryoshka).
- First Slovak Catholic Union – Fraternal organization sharing cultural and educational information
- Festival Merchandise Booth – Official Slavic Festival Gear! We have t-shirts, hoodies, rally towels, koozies, mugs, magnets and Slavic cookbooks.
- Slovenian National Benefit Society – – Fraternal organization sharing cultural and educational information. They will bring their extensive Traveling Museum display from their National Office in Borough of SNPJ, PA. They will also bring Slovenian items – plush dragons, t-shirts, cookbooks, Vegeta, noodles and other Slovenian specialties – for sale.
- Glencoe Gourmet- Bakers who will feature homemade nut rolls – walnut, apricot, and poppyseed. They also provide single serve nut roll slices and their specialty – nuts flavored with Slivovitz, cinnamon and sugar.